Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 2 - 06/24/2008

I still don't know about the wii fit. I mean I like it, but it is definitely not a magic machine. What is the #1 reason why people do not fight through and keep with a workout routine?

Too hard? Not enough fun? Don't care enough about health?

I don't think its any of these answers, if I had to put money on it, I would say the #1 reason why people don't stick with workouts is:

TIME

This is not exempt from the wii fit. I was not hoping that the wii fit would do the work for me, but I was expecting the video game, tracking, and unlockables would keep me interested enough to keep with it.

We will see.

Anyway, on to my daily fitness:

Diet:
Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Toast
Lunch: 1 PB&J, few goldfish
Dinner: 5 Slices of Domino's Pizza & Coke

Yeah I know, why pizza again? I had a meeting where this is the food that was brought in. Eating healthy does not go hand and hand with busy lifestyles.

Exercise Notes:

I got up at 6 am to squeeze in a workout and could not do much more than 25 minutes of wii workout minutes. I did the pushups & jacknives once again. Those things are great. So hard. I love hard workouts. Basically, I either stick with the hard stuff or the games that take no work.

I then did 35 wii workout minutes at 8:30 PM tonight after I got finished with my meeting. I unlocked an amazing ab exercise..."the plank"

If you have played sports I've always heard this referred to as the bridge. This is where you put your forearms on the balance board put your toes out and make your back, rear, and legs straight. This is great and it is wonderful having the wii count it off for you. It starts with 30 seconds which I did easily. However, from what I remember anything longer than 60 seconds I do not do so well.

Total Wii Workout Minutes: 62 mins

25 mins - Balance Games
10 mins - Aerobics
20 mins - Strength (pushups, abs, etc.)
7 mins - Yoga

I'm still obese, I actually gained 1 pound from yesterday. It is normal for your body to fluctuate a couple pounds throughout the day. Hopefully I can see a trend down at some point.

I get married this Saturday, woo hoo, which means that as of Thursday I will not be on this thing for til this day Tuesday (two weeks from today). Therefore this blog will not receive updates during the time I am on my honeymoon.

Hopefully my wii fit won't be too mad at me after it is all over.

No comments: